The student (if over the age of 18) or the student along with the student’s legal guardian(s) (if the student is not over the age of 18)(in either case, individually and collectively, “you” and “your”) hereby acknowledge and agree to the following with respect to any and all services provided by Juniors to Masters Chess Academy Inc. to the student from time to time:
1. Except for any representations and warranties made in writing by Juniors to Masters Chess Academy Inc. (“JtM”) to you, JtM hereby disclaims any and all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to all services provided by JtM including, without limitation, any representations or warranties whatsoever as to the services’ fitness for any particular purpose and with respect to any outcome or result that may obtained by the student as a result of receiving the services.
2. You hereby release and forever discharge JtM and its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, damages, causes of action, suits, claims, and demands whatsoever that you may now or hereafter have as a result of, arising from, or in any way relating to JtM providing services to the student including, without limitation, any personal injury or loss or damage to property.
3. In no event shall JtM be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages in respect of the services provided to the student by JtM. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the maximum liability of JtM to you shall not exceed the aggregate of $50.00 CAD.
4. You acknowledge to JtM that you consent to JtM’s collection and use of your personal information including, without limitation, your name, address, email address, phone number, and any financial information you may provide to JtM from time to time (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of providing services to the student. You further consent to JtM disclosing your Personal Information to third parties that JtM, in its sole discretion, deems necessary in connection with and for the purpose of enabling JtM to provide services to the student.
5. You acknowledge that your enrollment in a Juniors to Masters Chess Academy program, event, or tournament may be rescinded with or without refund, determined at the sole discretion of Juniors to Masters Chess Academy, if you have been found in violation of the JUNIORS TO MASTERS CHESS ACADEMY FAIR PLAY AGREEMENT.
6. You acknowledge and agree that this Acknowledgment, Waiver, and Consent, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.