Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament – Helping the Fight Against Covid-19
All Juniors and Adults are Welcome to Play!REGISTRATION CLOSED TOURNAMENT REPORT
At Juniors to Masters, our goal is to help our JtM Students to become great chess players as well as help them to become great young citizens. In part, it’s how we teach our chess training material as well as providing great opportunities in which they can participate. As such, we decided for our next JtM special event, to organize the Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament
which will be held online at chess.com on Sunday, June 7, 2020
In researching charities, we quickly discovered there are so many great people and great charities out there doing their best in the fight against Covid-19 that it makes it difficult to pick just one worthy cause. So, here is what we want to do, and we hope this encourages our young people especially and helps to engage us all even more during this very trying time.
The entry fee to the Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament is by donation – and Players will donate DIRECTLY to the charity of each Player’s choice
. Yes, not the Player’s Mom or Dad, but each Player
will research which great charity in the fight against Covid-19, and then Players
will “break their own piggy banks” and donate using their own savings, again, NOT their Parents’.
The donation amount and the charity selected (Covid-19 related) is totally up to each Player. Players will donate directly to their charity, and when the Player registers for the Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament, as part of the registration info be required will answer:
1. Which charity fighting Covid-19 did you, the Player, donate to?
2. How much did you donate?
3. Share with us why you choose this charity?
Please also share more info about your chosen charity on our Juniors to Masters Facebook page. How wonderful would it be for our young people to share in our Juniors to Masters Facebook page
comments informing others about the great work that these wonderful charities are doing to help keep us all healthy and safe?
Okay, here are the details about our Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament:
1. Admission by donation by the Players
, not their Parents!
- Players will research which great charity in the to fight against Covid-19.
- Players will donate directly to their chosen charity.
- Players will fill out the JtM tournament registration form including letting us know the charity they picked, the amount they donated, and why they picked that charity.
- Players are encouraged to post on Juniors to Masters Facebook page
sharing more details about their chosen charity.
Sunday, June 7, 2020 with Round 1 start time at 9am PST / 12pm EST.
3. Time Control:
20 mins + 10 sec incr.
4. # of Rounds:
will be automatically generated by chess.com based on Players’ chess.com rapid rating, and also be chess.com
- Next round will auto start as soon as the last board from the previous round finishes; so unfortunately, no breaks between rounds even if you are the last ones done.
6. CFC Active Rated.
7. Once Players complete the JtM tournament registration form, they will receive an email with instructions
on how to join the Juniors to Masters Charity Chess Tournament on chess.com.
- The main prize is won by everyone participating in this special JtM event in that they get to play in a fun online tournament and at the same time know that they are contributing to some great charities in the fight against Covid-19.